We are renting out our two bedroom guest cottage, which is situated on a private estate in Belmont, CA.
You can find the listing for rent right here on AirBnB if you'd like to rent it. It's available by the day, week or month.
Here's a video describing the house and grounds:
The guest house is 775 sq ft, with two full bedrooms, one bathroom with shower, a full kitchen with dishwasher and full-sized refrigerator, a dining area, and a living area, all furnished. Additionally, the property features:
- Blazing fast WiFi -- rated for 150mbps
- We'll order you groceries to arrive the day you arrive, so your fridge can be fully stocked for your stay (see below for more details)
- Sometimes we will have fresh organic vegetables, depending on the season
- A fully gated pool (please keep kids out unless under adult supervision)
- A parking space reserved for guest house use
About the Area:
The guest house is under 10 minutes to San Mateo and Redwood city, under 20 minutes from SFO, Stanford and Palo Alto, and under 30 minutes to downtown San Francisco and Mountain View.
Below is the "street view" of the shopping center just down the hill (less than half a mile; a 10 minute walk) from the property. Shops include Starbucks, The Greedy Ant Gourmet, Lorenzo's Sandwich Shop, Good Bites Cafe, and many others. Here's a link to the Yelp listings of local restaurants, shops and more.
There is also a gourmet Safeway right down the hill from the property, also less than a 10 minute walk:
The Belmont Caltrain station is a 6 minute drive or 30 minute walk, just 1.5 miles from the property. You can find the Caltrain schedules here, although we highly recommend the CaltrainMe iPhone app. Here's a map starting from the corner of Ralston & Avenida De Las Pulgas, which is just down the hill from the house:
Checking In, Checking Out and Other Details:
Check-in is anytime after 3pm, and check-out is by 12pm.
Want to have groceries delivered to the guest house on the day of our arrival? It's easy, with a service called Instacart (they have a great mobile app, too). Just register on their site using zip code 94002 (we'll give you the full property address once we confirm your stay with us) and place your order. They can deliver in as little as one hour. Here are some screenshots so you can see what the Instacart experience is like. We use Instacart ourselves, and love it!
Some of our favorite things to do in the San Francisco Bay area:
- Take a Detour in San Francisco: Detours are location-aware audio tours. We can't say enough good things about how magical an experience they are. You'll need an iPhone or Android phone to do them. Works well with groups, too. There are several Detours available, including Fisherman's Wharf and Castro. Make sure you bring your headphones and comfy walking shoes! Downtown San Francisco is about 30 minutes from the house, depending on traffic.
- Take a walk or a hike nearby: There are a number of hiking and walking trails nearby. Here are some great links with details: Yelp's list of hiking trails and walking trails near Belmont. EveryTrail's list. AllTrail's list.
- Sail a boat (or take a lesson)! If you have sailing experience, the San Francisco Bay is world-class for sailing. We recommend the Modern Sailing Club in Sausalito, CA, about an hour north of the house.
- Take a tour of San Francisco: The "Alcatraz at night" tour is especially good. Here's TripAdvisor's list of tours (and top 10 things to do), here's Yelp's list of tours, and if you're a foodie, here's a good list of foodie tours.
Here are some pictures of the guest house grounds:
We hope you enjoy your stay with us!
- Daniel, Sue and Devina